Kapela Dudziarska Manugi z Bukówca Górnego
Photo: Dominik May
The bagpipe folk band Manugi have been active for 40 years. Their music accompanies the dance performances of regional dance ensembles from Bukówiec, weddings, parties and soirees. Manugi have won many contests in Poland and abroad, among them: Festival of Folk Bands and Singers in Kazimierz Dolny, Turniej Prawdziwych Muzyków [ Eng. Real Musicians Tournament] in Szczecin. In 2006 they received the Oskar Kolberg Award for lifetime achievement. The band’s repertoire mostly consists of traditional tunes – obereks, polkas, walcerek, przodek, wiwat and figure dances, peppered with bagpipe and bound-up violin and singing (folk ditties) from the Bukówiec Górny region. Fascinated and inspired by music and traditions of other regions, they are happy to try new sounds, and their line-up is often extended with sekund violin, drums or double bass. A documentary, entitled “Dudziarze z Bukówca” [ Bagpipers from Bukówiec], was made about the band in 2016.
- Tomasz Kiciński – Greater Poland bagpipes, bound-up violin, vocal
- Michał Mocek – bound-up violin, vocal;
- Patryk Szulc – Greater Poland bagpipes, vocal;
- Zbigniew Kasperski – bound-up violin, vocal;
- Wojciech Wojciechowski – Greater Poland bagpipes, vocal.